Wednesday 2 September 2009

Drax Flyball tournament

Bank Holiday weekend saw us going to Drax power station to race all 3 days! Mum towed the caravan again and then later on during Friday evening we were joined by Katie puppy who was staying with us for the week. She soon made herself at home and charmed everyone!

On Saturday we raced with a declared time as Mollie was in as 4th dog again bless her. It was warm and we all tried our best with some great times - the majority of which were under 22 seconds - and we came away 5th in our division. We did earn lots of points though and as the humans keep saying 'points mean prizes'!!!!

On Sunday our baby team the Honey Monsters were running in division flyball for the first time. Apparantly they ended up going not for competition but having wings up and then gradually reduced meant that by the end of the day they were all running perfectly! I heard that Harvey is taking my place as clown of the team as on his last race he did the first jump and then took off out of the arena and into the woods at the side of the field!!! Ha ha ha I'm proud of you Harvey keep it up!!

On Monday it was another hot day and I was feeling a bit under the weather first thing. Mum did keep insisting on ruining my image by making me wear my cool coat and try as I might I just couldn't seem to get away from it! I still managed to run though and we did some pretty speedy racing coming away with a FIRST place in our division! The humans were thrilled and even more so when at the end of the day they also got presented with a trophy because we had earnt the most points at the 2 Drax multibreed tournaments this year! Poor Auntie Kerry had to go up alone to collect the trophy with the rest of the team laughing at her as she had her photo taken with the trophy! We all know how she hates to have her photo taken! Mollie Malone ran as usual in mutibreed with the Paws 8 team. She also managed some pretty speedy racing as lead dog and they managed a second place in their division. Also my favourite Munsterlander girly Kia ran and the team she ran with also got a second place in their division. Well done girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment